Sunday, May 4, 2014

Adepticon – It’s How You Use It PM – Round 3 – Matt Birdoff - Army

Terrain:  All forests are mysterious.
Deployment: Watchtower

Special Rules
All units within 6” of the building gain Regeneration (5+) and stupidity.  In addition, any garrisoned unit suffers -1 leadership.  A failed stupidity check by a garrisoned unit leaves building on a random side.

Bonus Points
+1 point for every player turn you controlled the building, up to a maximum of +5 points.
(Plus 1-3-5 Points for 1-2-3 Terrain pieces under control.) 


The List
Chaos Sorcerer, level 2, lore of death, chaos familiar

Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
120 Chaos Marauders, banner, mark of slaanesh
5 Chaos Warhounds

Chimera, regernation

3 Skullcrushers, banner, ensorcelled weapons

Magic
Death wizard picks up spirit leech, purple sun and doom and darkness – ouch.



Deployment
We both deploy along the center.  Im figuring at this point that the steam tank can hold one side of the building with my other units on the other.  Matt puts his marauders across from the building and the rest on the right flank.  The dogs hide in the back.



Turn 1 – Empire
I move up, cannon misfires




Turn 1 – Warriors of Chaos
Matt moves up, rolls a 3/3 phase, puts them all into purple sun and fails.




Turn 2 – Empire
Steam tank misfires (3 wounds)

Knights charge marauders, which flee.  They redirect into the crushers.  The chickens join versus the crushers.

Chickens fail their charge… ouch

I roll an 8/6 magic phase.  A 3D reroll wounds is dispelled.  A 3D 5+ ward save is stopped.  I do get the flaming but he makes his saves.

Tank misfires, 3 wounds.

In combat we each do 2 wounds and he holds.



Turn 2 – Warriors of Chaos
The Chimera, which had been hiding off on the flank (from the cannon), flanked the knights.

The marauders rallied

He rolls a 2/1 magic phase and fails doom and darkness.

Nothing happens in the combat and I hold.



Turn 3 – Empire
My chickens flank the Chimera.  Steam tank doesn’t do anything.

I roll a 9/6 magic phase.  He allows the 4D 5+ ward save and the 1D fire.  He then dispels the 4D reroll.

in combat, the chimera takes 2 wounds but my BSB dies.  I win by musician.  The chimera breaks and escapes. The chickens over run to corner the skull crushers.



Turn 3 – Warriors of Chaos
Chariot counters and flanks my knights.  The chimera fails to rally and runs off the table.

An 8/7 magic phase has me allowing a 6D purple sun.  He kills 1 general and a knight and gets 2 dice back (10/7).  I then dispel the doom and darkness.

The chariot fails its fear test (I’m on fire baby!)

I lose a chicken and a knight but do 3 to the jugs and again win on musician.  He breaks in both units.  Both units escape.


Turn 4 – Empire
I charge the marauders and chariot.

Tank finally generates points and moves up to the building.  I dispel purple sun.

In combat I kill the general and 2 marauders and then run the unit down.  The chariot also dies in the combat.


Turn 4 – Warriors of Chaos
Right before he starts the turn, the 15 minute warning goes up, meaning not to start another turn.

Jugs rally.  Dogs walk up to the building.

With 14 minutes left, we can’t start another turn.  Means I can’t kill the dogs, which given 2 more turns I would have easily been able to do.  But those are the rules.  Matt would take a prize, I think Best General.  Would have been cool to take that twice, but best to get a loss in this day as I knew a perfect weekend was unlikely.



No comments:

Post a Comment