Thursday, May 1, 2014

Adepticon – It’s How You Use It PM – Round 2 – Bill Robertson – Warriors of Chaos

Terrain:  All forests are mysterious.
Deployment: Battleline

Special Rules
Arcane Nexus:  The Winds of Magic are especially strong here.  When rolling for Winds of Magic, roll 3D6 instead of 2D6 and discard the lowest die.  Your opponent will gain 1 additional dispel dice than usual.

Bonus Points
+1 point for every captured enemy banner, up to a maximum of +3 points
+1 point for every challenge won, up to a maximum of +2 points.
(Plus 1-3-5 Points for 1-2-3 Terrain pieces under control.)



The List
Chaos Sorcerer, enchanted shield, obsidian amulet, Level 2, lore of fire

14 Chaos Warriors, musician, standard
5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights, full command, banner of swiftness, lances

3 Skullcrushers of Khorn

Magic
Bill picks up flaming sword and fireball.

Deployment
We line up nicely in the center of the table.

Bill gets the first turn.




Turn 1 – Warriors of Chaos
Bill starts his move up.  Very slow though.

A 9/7 magic phase has me dispelling a 3D fireball.



Turn 1 – Empire
I begin to circle towards his three units.  My steam tank kills a skullcrusher.



Turn 2 – Warriors of Chaos
He moves up strong, revealing the movement banner on his knights as they move to try to get a flank.

A 7/7 magic phase as me dispelling a 4D flaming sword on the crushers.  I allow the fire ball (by having thrown all dice at the flaming sword), but make my saves.



Turn 2 – Empire
My steam tank decides to misfire.  It takes 3 wounds and gives me 3 steam points.

Seeing myself about to get tag teamed and pinned in, I declare charges.  The chickens go into crushers and the knights into the unit.

The tank moves into the dogs, why not, right?

I roll a 4/4 magic phase.  He allows me a 2D reroll wound on my knights and dispels the 2D wardsave.

In the monstrous cavalry combat I do 2 wounds but take 4 back.  I hold.  Ouch… knew Chickens weren’t skull crushers, but I was a model up!  The steam tank smears the dogs.

In the big combat, my captain kills his wizard.  I lose a knight but kill enough to make him need snakes… which he rolls.

Luckily, but losing a chicken knight he knights no longer have a flank charge.



Turn 3 – Warriors of Chaos
Knights move around.  In the combat I kill his champion.  The warriors break and get run down.  The chickens then break and get run down.



Turn 3 – Empire
My knights book it, not wanting to get to fight both knights and 2 skull crushers.  My steam tank takes off a skull crusher.



Turn 4 – Warriors of Chaos
His knights charge the steam tank.  Last crusher, instead of going after my knights turns and books it to the far side of the table.  The chaos knights fail their fear test but still do 2 wounds.



Turn 4 – Empire
My units turn to chase after the solo crusher knowing they never really have a chance to catch it.  The steam tank misfires but doesn’t do anything.  The tank takes another wound in combat.


Turn 5 – Warriors of Chaos
Nothing happens this turn but the crusher moves.


Turn 5 – Empire
The steam tank misfires and kills a knight.  I move some more, really just to force the skullcrusher to move.


Turn 6 – Warriors of Chaos
Just more of nothing but the skull crusher moving.


Turn 6 – Empire
My steam tank doesn’t misfire, kills 3 knights.  He then fails his fear and I kill the last one.

Another basically uneventful game.  I’m thinking it’s the empire list at this point.  And steam tanks are dumb.  Wishing I could have been allowed to play my dark elves this event, as there is just so much more for me to do each turn.  This list has basically no movement (move forward and charge), no magic and just a cannon that only sometimes can shoot.  Even combat isn’t exciting as I just don’t roll 1s and the tank doesn’t die.  Don’t get how my friends or anyone can play this list on a grander scale.  At least the battle report went fast… more words in this complaint then in the turn summary.

I also think that with me being 5/0 for Adepticon I’m going to find myself with shit dice during the championships as I can’t be lucky enough to go 14/0 for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment