Monday, March 11, 2013

Next Steps – Olde World Gaming – 1500 Points

This is just an interrupt because the BAO battle reports will not have completed in time to post this after but still before the event... the normal BAO battle report shall return after this message...

The next event I will be participating in will be my first event (and perhaps their first fantasy event) at Olde World Gaming on March 16th. If things go as planned this will also be my first time at their shop. As far as I know there are no comp restrictions for this event so I’m going to win. My list is as follows:

Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Lore of Death, Lifetaker, Pendant of Khaeleth,

Master, BSB, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, repeater crossbow, warriorbane, dragonbane gem, black dragon egg, charmed shield

3 units of 6 dark rider, banner, musician, crossbows

6 shades

2 Hydras

I had to make the tough call and drop the BSB, as I felt the metal wizard would be needed in case I saw some all knight empire or warriors armies. I also decided to keep the Lord at level 4 even though it was more points than level 3 with an extra spell. I feel that the +1 may come in handy as not a lot of lists will have lord wizards due to the point restriction. I expect many will just go with a level 2.

I find that my list does better at smaller points as there becomes less on the table, but I’m just as fast. I just need to play it right against shooty armies.

No comments:

Post a Comment