Saturday, May 11, 2013

Adepticon Doubles - Recap


So a solid on the table event.  Even with the nastiness of round 3, and them tanking our sports, Sean and I scored 6th place.  If we had gotten the points that we missed due to this game, I think we would have ranked 2nd, with a small chance of first.  I had a great time, though I was feeling a little down that evening due to offensiveness of our opponents (I had never been cursed at before).  I continue to think we have a very solid doubles concept, and have been very happy with the changes we have made after each event.  I’m not sure I would have changed anything on my side, though I think as practice, Sean needs more banners on his block units.

A the end of the event I was disappointed that they only had battleline as a mission type, but after thinking about it I figured that with the added complexity of it being a team event it was probably for the best.  I also really liked the 3 hour rounds, even if two of our games didn’t finish.

Friday night I had a few minutes before bed and played around with some numbers.

Points we lost:

Round 1: 262 Lizards & 457 Dark Elves
Round 2: 225 Lizards & 0 Dark Elves
Round 3: 667 Lizards & 175 Dark Elves
Total: 1154 Lizards & 632 Dark Elves (1786 Grand Total)
Percentage: 64.3% Lizards & 35.4% Dark Elves

Points we earned:

Round 1: 994
Round 2: 1332
Round 3: 1896
Total: 4222 or 2581 points over what we lost all event.
 
Not too bad, and Sean was definantly the points drag for the event – though that is in part his role.  I think that the last game we lost move points on his side then we should have.





No comments:

Post a Comment