Friday, May 3, 2013

Next Steps – Davis Doubles – 1600 points per player


As the year has gone on and I’ve played in team events I have decidedthat I really enjoy them.  They bringsomething new to the game that singles just doesn’t do.  I think by the virtue of each side playingwith a friend that it really tones down the competitiveness feel of thegame.  I have played in 3 team events sofar, each time with the same team mate. Sean was not going to be able to team with me this time, as he was out oftown for work.  This time I will beteaming with another Guns N’ Warpstone member, Chris Perrirez.  There is a game from Olde World that weplayed that made its way onto my blog.

Originally I just wanted to see if Chris (who plays lizards) justwanted to fill in for Sean, playing the same list that Sean would have played –since it had been so successful before. It became clear that Chris’ lizard collection, while extensive, didn’tinclude the models specific to that list. We tried to see if we could tweak his side to fit what he did have, butin the end I felt that a.) it wasn’t really fair to Chris, that we should playto his style as much as mine and that b.) I wasn’t going to be happy with thehalf list we would have to play with.  SoI decided to suggest that he just scrap the list and build it up from thestart.

We have decided to play Ogres and Lizardman.  I will be using my rat ogres as ogrearmy.  In this case it is I who have the limited selection, having no Mournfang forexample.  But that’s fine.  I’ve decided that we won’t go super hard,that isn’t Chris’ style.  I actuallythink it could be funny.  The event usesa comparative comp system, and other teams might bring hard lists with theassumption that we will bring a very hard list. By bringing a soft list, not only could we got better soft scores, butthey could find themselves not having the mid scores they expected – gettingstuck with the ‘hot potato’ of lowest comp (which actually Sean and I havebarely missed each time).

Our list will be:

Saurus Oldblood, general, carnosaur, burning blade of chotec, gambler’sarmor, potion of speed
Slaughtermaster, general, level 4, lore of the maw, fencer’s blades,glittering scales, talisman of endurance, ironcurse icon

Skink priest, level 1, lore of heavens, ancient stegadon, cube ofdarkness
Bruiser, BSB, Ironfist, Armor of Destiny

10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
12 skinks, banner
6 Ironguts, full command, look out gnoblar, standard of discipline
10 gnoblars, trappers
10 gnoblars, trappers
10 gnoblars, trappers

7 Chameleon Skinks
Sabertusk
Sabertusk
5 Maneaters, musician, standard bearer, 5 brace of pistols, heavyarmor, poisoned attacks, sniper, banner of eternal flame

2 Salamander Hunting Pack
2 Salamander Hunting Pack
Ironblaster

Here are some picts of my side of the army as i packed it up for transport:





Iron guts


maneaters


gnoblars and kitties




 
Ironblaster

No comments:

Post a Comment