Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hobby Update – Warp-Grinder


And here are my attempts at Warp-Grinders, the worst by the rules itemin the Skaven book.  This stupid teamcould easily have been a great addition to the game.  But as it is the last item in the book Idon’t have, I figured it was time to build some.  So I have started to build 6, alongside thenight runners (since that is the unit it goes with).

 

I have used the master mouldor from the Isle of Blood starter set.  When this model came out I saw it and knewthis is the use I wanted to utilize it for. So I stocked 3.  That was 3 yearsago, and when I finally decided it was time to start the project I lookedthrough my stuff and couldn’t find them. So I scrapped, scrounged, traded and purchased my way into 6.  Unfortunately one of them had already beenpainted, though I hadn’t been told that when the trade was arranged.  But no sweat, a little stripping and it wouldwork.  Hopefully the re-spraying willhelp cover up the rest without destroying the final product.

 

For the generators, I used 2 extra Isle of Blood backpacks I hadn’t puton their warlock engineers.  I would haveloved to use this for all 6, but I didn’t have enough.  What I did have were 4 metal engines I hadpurchased a few years ago to be used to make doom flayers, before I purchased aconversion from Blue Table (I did paint them myself though).  In order to make them look like they werebeing carried, I made what will be leather straps out of plastic card.

 

These models will be painted alongside the night runners probably.  Yay massive chain painting.


 
Pic showing the metal engine i used.
 
 
Pic showing the inprogress of the straps.
 







The four i got mostly assembled before having to stop and ship out for adepticon.  My return shall first involve finishing the assembly of the 6 warp-grinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment