Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hobby Update - Hobby Wobbles?

So originally I was going to make a bolt thrower out of bits extra from other kits, such as the screaming bell. 

Unfortunately, that technology-based conversion does not match the beast theme of my dark elves. So I reconsidered. Searching through my back kits I found the Scyla kit.

Ive decided to convert him up to be throweing a bolt, or spear. This will of course making much bigger than the other bolt throwers that I put into my army. But I think that will be okay.

As I got the kit out to put it together my favorite part was even in the pictures for use as instructions, Games Workshop didn't bother to fill in the gaps.


Should make putting it together interesting. 

I know they say you dont need to pin fail cast, but better safe that ruined model that puts all its weight on one joint. 


While I was at it I might as well pin all the major joints. 


More power drill and the spear is coming along. 


The cap is a drilled out warpstone chunk from the plague monk and the spear tip from dragon ogres that will eventually see a conversion of their own.

Before I put it all together I showed that chaos star a little knife love to make it into a skaven symbol. 


So, beast bolt thrower or just a set aside for when i need a vermin lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment