Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Woes of Weather

So I havent painted this month and that puts me a weekish behind. The rain has been preventing me from spraying primer. Last night there was a break in the storms so I rushed home from work. 

I got outside and got a few models primmed and started losing pressure. Clean the cap, shook it some more, no good. 

Then i noticed some gunky stuff on the can. Assuming it was from the environment i wiped it away. Suddenly, i hear a hissing and these white puffs start coming out of the spot i cleaned.

There was a hole in the spray can!

Concerned there might be secondary issues with uncontrolled pressure loss, like exploding (unlikely), I trash the can versus trying to save with tape. 

Hopefully I can grab some on my way home and spray tonight. Friday night and saturday have been set aside for some buckling down. 

Still nada for the bolt thrower. i may just end up using that ogre.

No comments:

Post a Comment