Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Introduction

So welcome. I doubt this will become a blog that’s anything more special than any other. Mostly it’s for me to track things and maybe force myself to keep on target.



So a little about myself to start, I guess. My name is Josh and I live in California. I am a founding member of a club called Guns ‘N Warpstone. We hold ourselves to be tournament gamers, but I’m not sure that’s true. What we are is a group of guys who likes to play Warhammer. I’m a mostly fantasy player, and play solid Skaven since I started in 2007. I technically have both a Dark Elves and Ogres as well, though my ogres are in fact rat ogres and my Dark Elves are Eshin themed Skaven. I might do other posts where I include some pictures. I haven’t actually ever played the rat ogres as ogres, so it may turn out to have been an aborted project.



As I write this I’m preparing to leave for Waaagh!PACA, a 2,000 point event in Wisconsin (Though it has been posted afterwards). I think it’s too late for a before post, but if I can stick with this thing long enough I’ll try to do an after. 2012 was really the year I stepped up my tournament play. Besides hitting 5 of 6 of my local game store’s events, I played in a number of others, including; Broadside Bash, Bay Area Open, Adepticon Championships, SAWS, Quake City Rumble, Celisticon one day, Alamo and Northstar. I did fairly well, won at least 2 of my local events and took the overall for the year, won BAO, went undefeated and best general at SAWS, went 4-1 at QCR and took top Skaven at Northstar at something around 12th.



This year I plan on repeating most of those events (missing Broadside Bash and probably Alamo) and picking up Waaagh!PACA.



Other games I play besides Warhammer fantasy… not much. I used to play 40k fairly regularly but sold my chaos marine army just before 6th came out and my multi-g-d unit became unplayable. I’ve recently used some of my event winnings to pick up Grey Knights, but I’ve designed the list to be 31 models at 2500 just so I’ll have an army to play in the event I feel like playing 40k. I haven’t built the list to maximize competitiveness, though Paladins are good (note: at list design I hadn’t yet read the entire army book or 6th edition rules).



My painting hasn’t been to the highest level in the past. I have over 20k in Skaven and even painting a unit of 40 doesn’t excite me much. I’m hoping that with my Grey Knights I’ll be more incentivized to paint to a higher standard. My projects right now are the Grey Knights and switching over my Skaven to some nice resin bases. I also love to convert much more than paint, and my past projects have focused on that aspect. I’m sure there will be more on those projects, along with some stuff on what I already have in future posts.



Well, thanks for reading if you made it this far and we’ll see if I follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment