Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waaagh!PACA Arrival

Walking into Waaagh!PACA on Friday night I was hopeful for a great event, and I have to say I was not disappointed (with two exceptions). I saw more than a few familiar faces from Northstar and Adepticon. We were too late for the evening 1,000 point event, but that was fine as there were plenty of people walking around, chatting and getting to know each other. The banner show off was a chance for everyone to officially be introduced, along with the various clubs and I felt kicked the event off to a great start. I was looking forward to a relaxing evening with a good night’s sleep, in this I was disappointed (#1). It was announced that first round pairings would be done by RankingsHQ standing, and as Ryan Nicol was present (at #1) and somehow I had squeaked up to #2 during the week (probably due to a drop) the postings showed my first round opponent was Ryan Nicol himself.

Let’s just be clear, I had a great game and didn’t mind the pairing. What I did mind was finding out that night. It left me unable to sleep, getting up again and again to check the high elf book (his army), FAQ, Mission, the table, my list, etc. It was my fault that I was the one to over think things, but still a disappointment to the plans. Let’s be clear, first round pairings posting night before is great, I’m just an OCD insomniac.

Before I get into the games themselves – this will be my first battle report. I managed to get pictures of each army, but only on my IPhone. I didn’t remember to take mid-round pictures but did make voice notes the following morning of each day. I’ll try to better in the future, assuming there is one for this blog. I just need to get into the habit, I’m sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment