Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WaaaghPACA Conclusion

As I said before, my overall opinion of this event was top notches all the way across. Some of the tables were lightly covered in terrain, but it all looked wonderful. I and a few others in my group had cut up knuckles from the gravel on the boards, but we’ve all bled for our hobby at one point so I’m not too worried.

The big disappointment I referred to before came in on my paint score. Now, I’m not a great painter, nor will I ever claim to be one (though I have won 3 painting awards at smaller events). My paint holds me back in the overall and I’ve not won events (2012 SAWS) because of it. But I feel that the 12 I was given was lower than what I should have gotten. I feel like I deserved a 15 based on the check list and such a score would have placed me tied for fourth. The three points I didn’t get but felt I should have been given:

Do the character models stand out?
Does this army display a high level of technical modeling skill?
Does this army them extend beyond paint to include modeling, basing, display board and actual unit selection?

After contacting Rodge I was informed that I did deserve the points but that a change in score would not be made. Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment