Monday, December 2, 2013

North Star – Arrival

So in addition to attending North Star, I took the chance of being in Minneapolis to visit a college buddy of mine and her family.  They were kind enough to loan me a car and provide me with a place to crash.  It also mean that I minimized the amount of time I spent at the hall to more evenly split my time with my friend.  This means I didn’t attend the Friday event.  So I decided I would arrive promptly to the gaming hall Saturday morning, when my friend would be busy with her kids, to say hi to all the guys I’ve met at past events.

A few of them even walked up to me and said they read here.  So hello, specifically to Dan who was playing as ringer and had some nice words to share with me.  I didn’t really start this to have people actually read it, but I’m glad that there are those who actually enjoy my ramblings (and for the most part that’s just what I do).

I also figured out early that I forgot both my magic cards and my objective marker.  Thankfully, Mr. Gerold was only too happy to force an extra upon me.  It didn’t end up mattering through, one of the missions only required one (and my opponent had one) and the last mission, which required 2, we both assured that the other was unable to claim them.  But thank you Mr. Gerold anyways.


I unpacked my army, with no breaks (and only 1 minor break during the event), though I did have to fix my display board – those damn stones just don’t like flying (and being checked).  I think when I redo my display board I will keep it flat and anything that is raised will be removable by design.

No comments:

Post a Comment