Saturday, June 22, 2013

Davis Doubles – Wrap Up

A great weekend behind me with a bunch of good games.  Alex always runs a good event, bringing the best people.  Even with the abysmal 2-3 showing, Chris and I still finished in third place overall.  Congrats to fellow Guns N’ Warpstone team Van and Mikko.  When I heard they were doubling up on Ogres I had told Alex they would take it all.  He responded that the leadership 2 team of Ed and Mike would be the ones to beat them and win it all.  In the end, when those guys played, they tied and it came down to the softer scores where Van and Mikko were able to squeak ahead – by 1.5 points I believe (how does one get a half point, I don’t know).  Congrats the Ed and Mike for their best general and also lossless record.

With my first non-dark elf games for the year, and with my upcoming skaven games at SAWS (which are probably actually past based on when this post goes up), I have broken out the running record a little.

Dark Elves – 20w/7l/0d
Ogres – 2w/3l/0d

Singles – 16w/7l/0d
Doubles – 8w/3l/0d

Overall – 22w/10l/0d

SAWS, and the 5 losses that will come with it will really drag down my record – remember, this is a prediction despite when it posts.  Damn the fourth wall!

I gotta say.  I’m very happy for the death of warhammer rankings on RankingsHQ.  Michael Hengle, once first, told me that he didn’t like being first, that it was a source of stress in trying to maintain.  He said he wanted to lose events on purpose to get himself knocked down.  I never made first, peaking at second, but I am definitely enjoying the game in a much different way now that I’m not worried about trying to keep my standing up… and I did, as sad as that is.  Now I have only this running record that I keep for myself to worry about, and at any time I want I can exclude an event or just stop.  Much better…

And lastly, Ogres are boring and I now regret a lot less not completing my planned project a few years back.  I’m also really glad I didn’t end up going with the Ogre list for SAWS, despite the list I did go with (written before SAWS, remember!).

No comments:

Post a Comment