Sunday, June 2, 2013

Adepticon Singles – Recap


In the end I came in 38th.  I was hoping for more, but it seems favorite opponent votes were worth a huge amount of points.  I came in second of my group of 6 people, half the placement of the highest, but only 1 point less on battle despite 1 additional loss.

Brad came in 19th with 96 battle, 50 sports and 21 paint
I came in 38th with 95 battle, 41 sports and 22 paint
Van came in 39th with 94 battle, 48 sports and 17 paint
Sean came in 50th with 89 battle, 44 sports and 19 paint
Andre came in 95th with 74 battle, 41 sports and 21 paint
Dustin came in 102nd with 68 battle, 45 sports and 21 paint

Both Van and Brad came in at 4-1, so my coming in 3-2 and being right in their league means that even when I’m losing I’m able to play the game correctly, and maintain my focus to achieve the mission’s objectives.  That makes me happy.  2 losses, both with enough bonus points to make them worth more than a straight draw.

So I may have gotten the lower sports of my group, I’m not bothered at all.  I know I got one 2, 2 4s and 2 5s and probably most of my “YES” scores.  What I missed were the points for favorite opponent, which must have been huge.  I know I got one runner up for sports.

I also somehow got the highest paint score of our group, a 22 of 25.  Bam.

I liked the missions and the three hour rounds.  I don’t feel like I was pressured for time in any of my games (though with my game with Brian we probably did BS a little too long).

No comments:

Post a Comment