Monday, June 24, 2013

Hobby Update – The Scryercutter


I was already feeling High Elves for 2014, and then I had a great idea that I wanted to write down so I didn’t forget it 6 months from now when I actually have the time to work on it (or even longer).  Take the body of the Chaos Warshrine and take off all the Chaos icons.  Then, using the pilot section of the doom wheel, remove the pit area and mount him inside there.  After painting a clear dome would be placed above and below and it would be like he was in a rotating center cockpit.  In order for it to ‘fly’, I might use the wheels from the doom wheel, adding fan spokes.  This would be like one of those airboats that skim over the water.  I would put it angled with the butt upwards, to show that it moves forward by pushing harder with the rear fan.  Some wings and a tail boom would also have to be added.  Then I would use some clan rats to man the bolt thrower I would place at the head.  I would also probably use some plastic card to add some metal plating to make it look techier.  I would scavenge the chaos warshrine bearers to be some converted rat ogres.  Even if I don’t end up playing High Elves, I may just do the conversion anyways, as it sounds like fun.  I also could use it as a doom wheel, if I ever run one (and don’t use one of the other 3 I already own – 2 painted and one of the old metals that’s been sitting in pinesol for over a year).

No comments:

Post a Comment