Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hobby Update - Harpies

When I originally started the design of the dark elves, I considered adding harpies to the army. In the end I didn’t end up fitting it into the original 2500 point list. Since then I have dropped 2 characters in order to buff up the three others and add more shades. I then downgraded the characters some in order to add in assassins. Now I’m rethinking if I want some harpies available to mix in for the various points levels that I play at. For example, North Star is 2200, and I would hate to find myself with 55 extra points that would require me to tweak a couple of units to fill when I could just add in a unit of harpies.

My original idea was to have night runner models with scryer jump packs to act as ‘flying night runners.’ I am now reconsidering as I’m afraid that the models will be too similar to the‘gutter runner shades’ and I want to keep my counts-as army easily differentiated.

As such I am thinking of doing a mouldor flying beast-thing. I have seen ghouls with tyranid gargoyle wings used as harpies before, and I think with some head swapping (for giant rats?) and some fur I might be able to fit them into the skaven theme quite well.

Does anyone (actually read) have any suggestions or preferences as to what would work better? Thinking both of ease of the conversion (backpacks being harder than adding wings), costs (making backpacks is cheaper than buying 2 kits for bits) and how it would look (unique being a plus, skaven theme being a requirement).

No comments:

Post a Comment