Monday, September 16, 2013

August Fantasy Contest of Champions – Wrap-Up


Well, another Contest of Champions past for the year.  I didn’t win Best Paint on tiebreaker, which is done by display board (and the guy who topped me had a much better display board).  I came in 4th place with the overall winner being that Daemon player, Jason, I lost to round 2.  Congrats to him and his gang, three great guys (got to play 2 of them).  Hopefully they will come back, along with other events in the area like Celesticon and Infernal Zoo (which are my next two events – though Celesticon is past once this posts).

My continued criticism is the terrain, but it’s a minor one.  The store owner is extremely generous with his prize support, and after paying for an employee to run the event I doubt he breaks even.  It might be nice for a few events to have less prize support and have some of that cost be channeled back into the terrain, but I would probably be in the minority.  It’s still an 18 man event with the top prize of 90 bucks store credit (which would be 45 buck cost for the shop and 2.5 times the entry fee).

There is also some personal drama going on amongst some Sacramento players, which is unfortunate.  Even though it seems one of the parties’ feels that I’m in the middle, I am really trying to stay out of it.  This is supposed to be a big boy game after all.

Also, I never remembered to utilize the BS5 on the dark rider champion.  Need to remember going forward to Celesticon.

Dark Elves – 25w/9l/1d
Ogres – 2w/3l/0d
Skaven – 3w/4l/1d

Singles – 21w/12l/1d
Doubles – 8w/3l/0d

Overall – 30w/16l/2d

3 comments:

  1. Hey Josh is there still a CoC at the end of October?

    Thanks,

    Joe (High Elf from Redding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. October 26 and december 21 close out the year. 2500 and 2999.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll be three of us down October 26, will see about december.

      Delete