Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What If Chaos Daemons – 2500 points


Eventually I plan to make a Clan Pestilence themed army.  I’ve been bouncing around between Chaos Warriors or Chaos Daemons, as nurgle is the obvious theme.  After getting my butt kicked by that Chaos Daemons player at the August Contest of Champions, I was playing around with the Chaos Daemons list.  Thought I would post if up as a fun little thing.  I may keep going through the armies, we’ll see how my interest takes me.

Great Unclean One, Level 4, Lore of Death, Exalted Gift, Lesser Gift

Epidemius

25 Plaguebearers, musician, standard bearer, banner of swiftness
25 Plaguebearers, musician, standard bearer, banner of eternal flame

4 Beasts of Nurgle
4 Beasts of Nurgle

4 Plague Drones, musician, standard bearer, plague proboscis
4 Plague Drones, musician, standard bearer, plague proboscis

Simple, straightforward list.  For the great unclean one I would use a vermin lord.  The plaguebearers would just be plague monks on 25mm bases.  For the beasts I would make up some new rat ogre conversions, as my ogre models all have scryer tech built in.  I am thinking that using some left over tyrnaid bits would work well, along with converting some of the forgeworld nurgle trolls that I’ve picked up and am stashing.  For the plague drones, I would use the drones but would just put plague monks on the back.  For Epidemius I would use the old plague priest on pox rat special character that doesn’t exist in the current book.

I think it would be a nice, clean and simple looking list.  I’m not sure that Epidemius is actually needed, that his 200 points could be better used in more beasts and some furies (which would be plague monks with wings or something, can’t reuse my jump packs as they need 25mm bases).  But those would be easy to switch out.

I actually already have most of it.  I’m sort 5 plague drones, and maybe some plague monks, but I think I have the majority of it.  I could probably flush out what I was missing for less than 100 bucks, especially if I could get some cheap plague monks.

Now I just need to finish my Clan Scryer Chaos Dwarves!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the blog. Given me some great ideas for reskinning other armies as Skaven (I'm thinking high elves, but I can't settle on a list) and pestilens as nurgle daemons is a great idea.
    But please for the love of god! It's clan Skryre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, not something spell check catches.

    I am also considering high elves should the dark elf book not break my way. I already have my list(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have since come to realize that taking the banner of flame on the plaguebearers (who come with magic weapons) is pointless... just fyi in case anyone comes back to read this.

    ReplyDelete