Sunday, January 12, 2014

December Fantasy Contest of Champions – Round 3 – Micah Pierce – High Elves

The Mission: Party Crashers!
Bugmans XXXXXXX: Place an objective in center of table.  Objective can be picked up at the beginning of your turn by a unit in base contact.  On a 1-3 instead of picking it up the unit drinks, gaining +1S and losing -1I until the start of your next turn.  On a 4+ the cask is picked up.  The cast provides a +1 combat resolution and gives the unit devastating charge.  If the unit is required to flee, it drops the cask touching the front rank.

Bonus Objectives
Controlling the cast provides an additional 200 victory points.


Master of Challenges: Each time a challenge is won, an additional 50 victory points is earned.



The List
Prince, Star Dragon, Lance, heavy armor, charmed shield, ring of khaine, talisman of preservation

Noble, BSB, Barded Horse, Dragon Armor, Lance, Potion of Strength, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone
Mage, Level 2, Lore of Shadow, Elven Steed, Dispel Scroll
Dragon Mage, Level 2, Dragon Armor, Golden Crown of Altazar, Iron Curse Icon, Warrior Bane

14 Silver Helms, shields, full command
5 Silver Helms, shields
5 Reavers, Bows, Musician
5 Reavers, Bows, Musician
5 Reavers, Musician

10 Dragon Princes, full command, banner of world dragon, star lance
10 Dragon Princes, full command
Tiranoc Chariot
Tiranoc Chariot

Magic
Without rolling Micah just took his 2 default spells for the fire wizard, flaming sword and fireball.  His shadow wizard rolled Miasma and withering.


I rolled Warplighteing and Cracks Call on my Level 2 and Skitterleap, Wither, Vermintide and Bless with Filth on my Seer.  I also picked up 2 tokens.  Another game of crapy spells.  I miss the days where I ran 3P/1R with a Level 2 Plague caster… oh the days.



Deployment
Micah started out by separating the reavers on the middle and center.  Then the silverhelms went on the left and the dragon princes center and right.  The two dragons held back in the center.  The chariots were separated, one on each flank.

For my deployment I put the stormvermin on the left of both units of slaves.  I wanted a nice big buffer between all my magic weapons and the banner of the world dragon.  My chaff then went everywhere.  As Micah was also smart enough to limit my scouting, I put my gutter runners around the middle.

I again put my assassins into the stormvermin and Micah gets the first turn.

Turn 1 – High Elves
Micah moves up strong, but pulls the dragons back, fearful of the gutter runners.

A 3/2 magic phase has me dispelling an attempt at a 2D6 fireball.


I lose 1 gutter runner to his bow fire.



Turn 1 - Skaven
My turn and I move around some.

I roll a 9/5 magic phase.  I 2D bless with filth the center gutter runners, expecting a charge.  I then 3D warp lightening which is dispelled.  I then end as my spells are shit.


For shooting I put 2 wounds on left chariot, Kill 4 off of center reavers and kill 1 off of the small silverhelms.



Turn 2 – High Elves
Micah starts off by pressing his advantage of speed and making more than a few charges.  Reavers charge gutter runners, losing 2 to the stand and shoot.  A chariot joins the combat.  The BoWD Princes charge a rat dart.  Other Princes charge slaves.  The small silver helms charge the left gutter runners, losing 1 to stand and shoot.  the left chariot joins and I flee.  The silver helms redirect into center gutter runners and the chariot into a dart.  This chariot is the only one that fails.

Micah rolls a 10/5 magic phase.  I allow a 2D volans on a rat dart, which kills 2 rats and causes it to panic.  2D for a 2D6 fire ball goes on the doom flayer… it lives.  A 3D flaming sword is dispelled.  A 2D miasma is also dispelled.


On the right I lose 4 but kill 2 cav and get run down.  The dark dies blood.  I lose 11 slaves and the gutter runnes lose 3 and kill 1 silver helm.  Frustratingly the gutter runners actually hold, blocking in my stormvermin.



Turn 2 - Skaven
The night runners come on.

Its my turn and while the stormvermin are blocked in I do have some counter charges.  My slaves charge a reaver unit.  Rat dart does as well.  The doom flayer charges the dragon princes.  The night runners and their weapons team rears the center dragon princes.

1 dart rallies and the left gutter runners go off the table.

I roll a 5/3 magic phase and use 2 to re-poison the center gutter runners.


In combat the giant rats lose by musician and get run down.  The slaves kill their unit though.  The gutter runners kill another silver helm and the combat holds, keeping my stormvermin in the back.  The night runners lose 4, the slaves lose 5 and I kill 2 dragon princes.  I lose the combat and the night runners weapons teams.



Turn 3 – High Elves
BoWD charges the other unit of slaves.  The bitter unit of Silver Helms charges a rat dart.  The chariot charges an enginner, which flees and he fails his redirect.  Micah uses the corner of the weapons team to get the fire wizard into combat.

Micah rolls a 10/5 magic phase.  I allow a 3D flaming sword on the dragon princes to kill slaves.  I also allow a 2D ring to kill an engineer.  I then dispel a 2D miasma and a 3D withering.


The slaves lose 11 and kill another dragon prince.  The little Silver Helms unit draws with the gutter runners, still keeping the stormvermin pinned.  The other unit of Silver Helms kills their dart but the packmaster runs away.



Turn 3 - Skaven
I try to charge a chariot with a dart but fail.

I roll a mighty 3/1 magic phase and he scrolls my attempt at wither.  I use both my tokens on vermintide.  I take a wound from a token.  The vermintide does its job and knocks off the charmed shield.  It also kills an engineer and a reaver.  A second engineer doesn’t like his buddy’s death and runs off the table.


In combat I lose 10 more slaves, and he makes 5 saves.  I lose 12 in the other unit and he makes 3 more saves for a 15/15 turn.  In the center combat I kill the last silver helm, losing a gutter runner.



Turn 4 – High Elves
On the right the chariot charges a rat dart off the table and fails its redirect.  The other Chariot charges another rat dart.


Micah rolls a 12/6 magic phase and starts off with snake on the ring of khain.  He then irresistibly casts fireball, killing 1 stormvermin and losing 6 dice and ending the phase.



Turn 4 - Skaven
I use my potion of strength.

As the stormvermin was still blocked in, but I charge out with the weeping blade assassin.  I also charge with the gutter runners to make room.  Death to the Dragon Princes… I hope.

The night runners rally, and 3 darts run off the table.

I roll an 8/6 magic phase.  I 3D wither on dragon princes, he dispels.  I 3D bless with filth on stormvermin and he fails to dispel.  I 2D skitter but roll snakes.

In combat I lose 8 slaves but kill a dragon prince on the BoWD unit.  I also lose 3 gutter runners and kill 3 dragon princes in the other combat.


The fellblade gives a little love to my warlord.


Turn 5 – High Elves
Game coming to the end due to time so here comes the gang b***.  He puts much into the stormvermin now that they are finally clear.  The big unit of knights go into the front to pin may of the characters.  A dragon then goes into both the rear and side.  Also a chariot comes in on the left flank, leaving me surrounded.  The right chariot goes into slaves.  They all make it.

Micah rolls a 10/6 magic phase.  He starts with a 3D flaming sword, which scroll.  I then dispel a 5D withering and a 2D miasma on weapon skill.

With his dang ASF Micah kills my fellblade, and assassin.  I kill his level 2 caster.  He also puts a wound on each engineer.  I put a wound on the fire dragon and kill the chariot.  I hold with 8 stormvermin and 4 characters left.

Judge came by during the combat and told us I didn’t get my turn, so it ended there with a minor loss.  He would have cleared the board probably in later turns.  I knew high elves would be a hard match as they would prevent my weak characters from getting to fight before dying and BoWD owns my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment