Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hobby Update - Weathering

This is the first time I have ever done weathering, and after spending all this time painting these models i am defiantly hesitant to experiment on them.

I decided to do the brass first since it was just a simple wash and dab. 

So I give you brass





The rust was an interesting experiment. I had a bunch of stuff out in case I needed to undo it, but in the end I think Im hapoy with the results. Here is another close up of the shield. 


I also did the helms and halbreds on the stormvermin. That makes the crew completed except for matte spray. 

I really like the new typhus corrosion. It does give a nice greasy look if not applied too thickly. It also makes a cery fine abrasive texture that picks up deybrush well, I can see why the GW video says to use it with their new rust. Im not using the new rust though, as I have plenty of orange paint already.

I can defiantly see these techniques working well on my Iron Daemons and Kdaai when I finally get back to them.





At this point Im done with the main bodies of the models, the propellers, crew and puke.

Time to move on back to the assembly stage and finish those trays and figure out which bits will block.

Weathering - check
Build 2 trays - started
Some banister
Bases - sorry, should have said started
Spray
Final assembly



Seems im out of corners, so i will be green stuffing them. Need to get some more magnet strip for the bottom of the bases also. 

Went through my scrap box and found some bits for the banister.



From the dwarf piece Im only going to use the book.


And corners. 

Banister - cleaned
Bases - built
Spray
Final assembly

And now to go outside and give the shields and stuff a spray so that I can paint then. Hopefully, i will have time to finish them, including weathering and bring this post back on target.

Pre-wash. Little dark but im expecting the weathering to solve that. Also the colors match so i guess that just makes the models dark… which they are (but for the goo and warpstone)


And to bring things back around…


Weathered. 

Banister - check
Movement trays - built
Bases - started
Spray
Final assembly

And that makes the models done and ready to spray. Later this week its supposed to hit the 70s, which is crazy for California winter (take that rest of US with -forever with windchill). 

Tomorrow I will grab the magnet i need and finish building the movement trays and get the bases painted and sanded (or monday). That would mean M/Tu matte and Tu/W final assembly. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment