Thursday, April 3, 2014

Adepticon - Arrival

Oops, this post got forgotten, so it becomes an extra and out of order. 

As always entering the Westin is a grand affair. The car service for the hotel is a limo service. Its much more fun and even cheaper than a taxi. 

We landed 230 local time, grabbed our luggage and were at the hotel by 330. 2 of my crew flew with me, with the other 3 coming in the next day. So the same party of 6 as the previous year. Also on the plane was Justin from Secret Weapon Minitures. He and the group had a good chance to chat and hangout during the plane ride. Then he was off for his VIP experience (he actually was working with 5 classes and a booth in the vendors hall). 

Check in was a snap, though they didnt give me the balcony room i had asked for. Didnt bother me, but there is a smoker in the group and he will care. Adepticon secret, if you get floors 2-5 you can use a special elevator and avoid much of the morning traffic. 

Con badge pick up didnt start until 7, so we headed out across the parking lot in search of food. There are many good places in the area but we wanted to try a new one, Rock Bottom. It was great. 

Back at the hotel and I toured around seeing who was likewise wandering. Ran into some, grabbed a beer and ran into some more. Badge pickup opened at 7 but the line was crazy and I hadnt paid for the VIG enchacement so I went up to my room for an hour. Retured to find no line.

After that the evening consisted of model check. Board needed to be fixed as always and all my models made it safe. Went to bed early as I never sleep great at hotels.  Woke up early as expected, grabbed a bottle of water and wrote this at 430 am in a pitch black hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment