Friday, April 18, 2014

Hobby Update - Kdaii Destroyer

When the newest Skaven book came out (yes, a number of years ago now) there was no model for abom. A friend of mine had someone construct for him a gigantic mechanical rat. Its huge. I turned out to be so big that people complained it was modeling for advantage, due to the massive space it covered when it pivoted to move. Sadly, it also meant he doesnt put it on the table much.

But i wanted one. It was so cool. I just never had a good reason to have one. Now that i do, the kdaii, my friend has loaned it to me so i can use it as a guide to make my own. Sad thing is, as build its still to big... Even for a kdaii. I wasnt planning on coping it directly anyways. I have the model itself to look at, but I thought I would share some pictures as I get started. It really is cool. 







So thats the next hobby project.  I'm going to do a count of my doom wheel parts, and after setting aside enough to do 2 more Iron Daemons I'll see if I have enough parts to do 1 or 2 Kdaais... after all, I might want to play in the big brawl at Adepticon in the future - 3k no doubling.

No comments:

Post a Comment