Friday, October 10, 2014

Display Board Acquired



Got my Secret Weapon  Miniatures Tablescales tiles today after going down to the wearhouse.  They come in four styles; urban (included ruin and not), fields, temple and scrap yard.    I ordered these for a Grey Knights army that I no longer own to match my urban rubble bases, sold with the army. 

Disclaimer: Justin and I are friends so take any "review" accordingly. 

The tiles are waiting on the second half of the shipment before being mailed out to backers, but as I am local I was told I could swing by and pick up; i get early, he doesnt pay for shipping. 

As the urban rubble went with my old army, and wasnt in the first shipment, Justin gave me the option if switching types. I took him up on his offer, switching to Scrap Yard which I felt met the Skaven theme much better. 


They come in a box that is a little large. I was disappointed to see the glue seperating. It will be fixed with a few heavy duty staples and Justin already knows so he can have the factory do better in the future. Ill probably see if I can get some foam to carry them if they can fit in with my travel case. Right now my Fantasy board is a real drag as it has to be checked. 


The set came with 4 tiles, to make a 2x2 display board. The above pic is one of the two flatter tiles. 


Set also comes with corners and boarders. I hear they dont come with the full table sets. They are nice and I suggest getting them even if you get a full table. If I expand to the full table I will be sure to get enough sides to fit. 

I love that it comes with a name plate since at least NorthStar includes that in their paint score.

Above I made a board with half the tiles just to see how it all went together. I picked the two tiles with more raised texture. 


A zoom in of part of the texture. 


In addition to matching bases, not shown as I didnt unpackaged them, I got 2 sets of scatter terrain. The top part is the wall set and the lower a wrecked tank. Justin had his crew cast these for me while I waited since they didnt have premade stock. 


Close up of the wrecked tank. 


One of the walls, a wreaked half track. 


The top side. Almost a shame one side is flat. 


A cockpit wall. 


Love the detail. 

These go on sale soon for non- kickstarter customers. They are already in stock, but Justin will wait to provide to backers first out of respect. 

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment