Sunday, October 26, 2014

NorthStar - The List

Normally I would have posted my full list before a tournament.  But since this is a closed event, I thought I would mix it up and have the list post as the event was ending.  Surprise?

Anyways,  with my toys all packed up still from the remodel (at least when I built the list), I went with a simple Dark Elf list that I could leave out.  I had originally wanted to run with the Chaos Dwarves, but due to baby and remodel that project didn't go as well as I would have liked, and then I set it aside for some 40k.  No biggie.  By the time I wanted to reconsider what I would play, the army types were locked in.  North Star does prizes for best army if at least five people play it.  While cool, that means there are no 12th hour changes.

Despite my attempt to make Beast magic work at SAWS, I decided to go back to my other list style.  This event only being 2200, I had to trim some fat, and did so by losing a unit of dark riders and two bolt throwers.  I think this still leaves me with a solid list, even if I lose the ability to threaten some of the tougher armor save monsters like Daemon Princes.  I still think I will do ok.

Here is my list:

Dreadlord, GENERAL, dark steed, heavy armor, repeater crossbow, sea dragon cloak, dragon helm, dawnstone, potion of foolhardiness, ogre blade

Dreadlord, dark steed, heavy armor, repeater crossbow, sea dragon cloak, shield, cloak of twilight, sword of strife, luckstone


Master, BSB, dark steed, heavy armor, repeater crossbow, sea dragon cloak, shield, sword of might, the other trickster's shard, dragon bane gem

Master, dark steed, heavy armor, repeater crossbow, sea dragon cloak, shield, potion of strength, sword of striking, obsidian trinket

Sorceress, dark steed, Level 2 wizard, Lore of Death, dispel scroll

Sorceress, dark steed, Level 1 wizard, Lore of Metal


6 Dark Riders, banner, musician, shields, repeater crossbows
6 Dark Riders, banner, musician, shields, repeater crossbows
6 Dark Riders, banner, musician, shields, repeater crossbows
6 Dark Riders, banner, musician, shields, repeater crossbows


Repeater Bolt Thrower

11 Doomfire Warlocks, champion
8 Doomfire warlocks

No comments:

Post a Comment