Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hobby Update - Uppers

Realized I hadnt updated on my work progress this week. Last Friday I started working on the legs but found myself needing to purchase parts for the ankle rebuild. Ive now done that but wanted to wait until I had more than 30-45 minutes to do it correctly. I decided to work on the torso. 


Im loving the side detail. I know I dont like the bulky armor top, so Im thinking I could build something slimmer and keep the details exposed. 



Decided to mag the guns in case I ever changed my mind. Wasnt that hard, just a little scraping required on the long barrel. 


The arm side. 


The arm assembled. Love that its so posable. I left mine fully posable at this point. 


Not sure what I want to do with the pistons. I dont think I can attach them and keep the arm fully posable. But then the weight of the gun may weigh it down enough that glueing will be required. 

Problem for later. 


My friends who have built this model tell me that the weight doesnt make the model need a waist magnet. This is a pic of me dry testing it. I think Im going to give the extra support for playing. The magnets wont be allowed to touch sothe  bond wont be extremely strong. 

Tomorrow Im going to skaven up the arm and Friday hopefully go back to the legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment