Sunday, October 19, 2014

SAWS – Round 2 – Justin Gnomes – Lizardmen

Bonus Objective: Kill all casters
Deployment: Battleline

Special Rules
Use mysterious terrain

The List
Saurus Oldblood, cold one, great weapon, talisman of preservation, sacred stegadon helm of itza
Potion of foolhardiness

Saurus Scar-Vet, cold one, great weapon, shield, armor of destiny
Skink Priest, level 2, lore of beasts, dispel scroll
Skink Priest, level 2, lore of beasts

38 Saurus Warriors, full command
10 Skink Skirmishers, javelin and sheild
10 Skink Skirmishers, javelin and sheild
10 Skink Skirmishers, javelin and sheild
10 Skink Skirmishers, javelin and sheild

8 Kroxigors
8 Chameleon Skinks
8 Chameleon Skinks
8 Cold One Cavarly, full command

2 Salamanders

Magic
I roll up wildform, flock of doom, amber spear and savage beasts of horros.


Justin rolls up wild form on both skinks, savage beasts and curse of aminheir as well.



Deployment
Justin deploys center, with the cav block on the right.  He leaves huge gaps on each side of his army.  I play hydras on the left and my massive block on the right.  Justin then closes only the left side to my vanguarding, which I think was a mistake.  Better to split skinks and give me over runs towards the center, but oh well.

I respond by vanguarding very strong on the right flank, not worrying about charges thanks to the skinks sitting in front of his cavalry.  I think that Justin didn’t figure on how fast my army was.


I get the first turn.



Turn 1 – Dark Elves
Having left myself in a solid position wherever he scouted, I have the witches in position to charge the Chameleons.  I lose 1 witch for my trouble.  I fail the long charge.

Already at the half table line, I move my doom fire warlocks into his deployment zone, ready to strike at whatever I want.

I roll a 6/5 magic phase, pulling his scroll with a 4D amber spear on the flank of his knights.  A 2D flock of doom is then dispelled.


In shooting I kill 6 skinks on the right and 5 on the right-center.  No panics though, which would have been nice.



Turn 1 – Lizardman
No charges made.  The skinks in front of the knights move to chaff my doom fire warlocks.  The knights reform to face the warlocks should they choose to fight the skinks.  The bulk of the army advances.

A 12/6 magic phase starts with a 3D wild form on the knights that I dispel.  A 4 die curse of on the center dark riders is irresistible, ending the magic phase by pulling the rest of his dice.


Shooting kills 2 doom fire warlocks and 6 witches.



Turn 2 – Dark Elves
Having not moved in a manner to avoid charges, I oblige Justin.  Dark riders and witches each charge a unit of Chameleons.  I lose 1 dark rider.  My general charges out of the doom fire warlocks, pinning the knights in place.  The hydras manage to get 2 units of skinks to flee, and on the redirect one makes it into combat with a third unit.  A unit of dark riders charges into the right skink unit that’s chaffing the doom fire warlocks, getting a flank (order of charges prevented him from fleeing or else opening up knights to full doom fire charge).

An 8/5 magic phase has a 2D wild form buff my general.  A 2D soulblight on knights is dispelled.  A 1D flock of doom fails.  The phase ends with a 3D soul blight on the knights going off.

In shooting I take off 2 units of skinks and 2 saurus.


Combat sees all the Chameleons get taken off.  The hydra kills 6 skinks and over runs into the krox, running the skinks down in the process.  My general kills 2 knights and Justin makes his steadfast.



Turn 2 – Lizardman
Both unit of skinks rally.

A 6/5 magic phase sees a 6D savage beast scrolled.

The sallies misfire and eat 3 skinks and kill 2 dark riders with the second shot.


My general takes a wound and holds.  The hydra takes of a krox model and then gets obliterated.  Not impressed with the new hydras, I love you regen, please come back.


Turn 3 – Dark Elves
I use my potion of strength and put the doom fire warlocks into the knights.  I also charge the sallies with the hydra, he flees and I redirect into the krox to go for round 2 (fail).  A unit of dark riders pushes the sallies further.

A 9/7 magic phase has a 3D soulblight go off on the knights.  A 6D bubble soulblight sees a failed dispel attempt.

For shooting I snipe out both wizards, grabbing my bonus points.  The BTS do 8 wounds to krox.

In the combat my general does 2 wounds to his general before dying.  My unit then blows through his entire unit, leaving the no longer in challenge general standing alone.  He rolls the needed snakes to hold.


Turn 3 – Lizardman
His Krox charge the hydra, which holds.  The fleeing unit of skinks rally.

I lose 1 dark rider to shooting.

My doom fire warlocks fail their fear test.  He challenges and I refuse, sending the BSB to the back.  I then turn my eyes to the final wound and take the general off.  The hydra does 5 wounds to the krox and only takes 1.  In the middle of the combat Justin concedes, makes some rude statements and walks away from the table.

He didn’t stick around for the scores or anything, so I didn’t even know what his objective was or if he got it.  I marked him as not (assuming that if he did the judges would call us to ask why the sheets were different).  Oh well, not everyone can be a good loser.  I think there were a number of things he could have done differently that would have improved his game.  His list wasn’t very good, but he seemed to know its role.  It was his understanding of what my army did that probably held him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment