Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hobby Update - Iron Daemon

So another week of family sick break from hobby and not much done. Thankfully things are on the mend and so not nearly as much of my time will be required. I did find a few minutes this evening to tinker with it and decided that I wasnt going to leave it open after all. Here is what I think Im going to go with. 


It still hasnt been glued together, that will happen tomorrow. Here is a picture with the wheels and guns (I assembled the second). 


And from the back (carefully angling the camera so as not to knock it).


The plan is to add cables ala warp grinders going from the rear of the guns through the holes on the side of the chaise and into the warpstone. ThinkI'm  going to leave the bottom of the stone as is. 

On the front I will be adding some ramming spikes, a top cross beam and spyglasses to allow the drivers to actually see. 

After that I think the individual parts will be ready to paint. I dislike painting, soI'm  trying to decide if I should paint this one first before assembling the second - spread out the pain model. Or should I start the next one and paint the army in much larger batches - the want to kill myself as I paint an entire army model. 

Lastly, any suggestions of what I should add?  I still have a second Iron Daemon to make so suggestions are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment