Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hobby Update - Iron Daemon

Yay to more progress. I started out with the front spikes. My first thought was to have them sweep out alongside the front wheel in front of the side wheels but i couldnt figure how to get that to work with what i had in a way i liked, so i decided to keep it closer to the true doomwheel.


I used the wing pieces from the doom wheel with the correct center piece. Instead of putting it on the side of the wheels as is normal i used the center hole and hooked it onto the spoke. Luckily, it was of a proper length to let me hook in that center bit without interfering with the front wheel. (The cannons are  hooked into one of the attachment points on the rear wheels. 


Here are the spikes. I also removed the attachment hooks i wasnt using which gives it a more streamlined look which i like. It also let me play with the angle some. Its just below head level of a clanrat, so about center torso to a man. 

I then installed the scopes, no picture. The one side just went in its normal spot, but the doom wheel only comes with the one side as an option. So i busted out my power drill and made a little space. 

 
Last for the evening i decided to start on the top bar. The above picture shows two of the normal crossbars. As you can see they arent going to be enough. I rummaged through my bits and found this near perfect sized piece to fill the gap. 


Not wanting the chaos warrior eye, I went back to my bits box and came up with:



Havent finished chopping it down yet. Im thinking that i will leave the arrows behind the banner topper but that i will give the plate's corners a little rounding with my dremel. 

To wrap up the evening I put on some clamps to hold it all together so i could get some different angles. 




Added a flash to show the still headless driver. 




Have a good night. Hope to finish the top bar over the weekend, get those heads on and then move onto the rest; cables...is that it?

No comments:

Post a Comment