Tuesday, July 16, 2013

June CoC – Preparation


My initial plan was to take my QCR list, which would have comped at -2.  Alas, I did not get the painting done that I was supposed to so I had to fall back on what I had.  Not wanting to take the 10 point hit for adding in two hydras, I went back to an oldie that I hadn’t run in a couple of years.  I bring you, Rat Ogres:






 

Thrott the Unclean
Warlord, General, Bonebreaker, Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command
Warlord, Bonebreaker, Great Weapon

 

Plague Priest, Level 2, Pox Rat, Flail, Ironcurse Icon, Dragonbane Gem, Dispel Scroll, warplock pistol
Plague Priest, Level 2, Pox Rat, Flail, Foul Pendent, Portents of Verminous Doom
Plague Priest, Level 1, Pox Rat, Flail, Talisman of Endurance, The Other Trickster’s Shard

13 Rat Ogres with 6 packmasters, master bred rat ogre,
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, 1 Packmaster

10 Gutter Runners, slings, poison
10 Gutter Runners, slings, poison
10 Gutter Runners, slings, poison

This is a run forward and smash list, and best of all its completely built and painted.  It also encompasses a ton of my conversions, with everything but the giant rats and Thrott himself being heavily converted.  I don’t plan to win enough games to place well, but it should be fun in a stupid obvious play way.

The list does have some flexibility, such as the ability to run out characters as chaff.  The frenzy is a rough downside though.  Also the -5 comp because of the magic items punishes this list when it really isn’t -5 comp strong.  That would be the problem with composition systems though.  My list will be very match up dependent.  I see a cannon and I’ll probably lose.  Steam tank or Iron Daemon or g-d forbid a Kdaai and I might as well not set up.  2 years ago when I ran this the meta was much more favorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment