Sunday, July 14, 2013

SAWS – Wrap-up


 
First, Congrats to Michael Hengle of Leadership 2 for going all the way with Orcs and Goblins (picture is of his army taken by Henry Griep, posted on his facebook and used without permission).
Well that was a fun weekend.  In the end I didn’t with the Hunter award like I was hoping.  I did get the maximum possible composition points, which was my goal.  There were other people who also received the maximum composition points, and I lost out on tiebreakers.  But full points in composition and only -2 on sports for the weekend put me at 20th place with my 2 wins, 2 losses and a tie weekend.  In the end much better than I expect.  It sucks that my list turned out to be illegal.  Just goes to show that I am unable to actually build a soft, compy, legal, fun list and I should just stick what I’m good at – making lists that crush hobby.  Also of note, Leadership 2 near swept the standings, taking all but 1 of the 12 possible paint awards and everything else but sports and their place overall and battle.  Of the 6 awards Leadership 2 didn’t win, my Guns N’ Warpstone took 4, first and second place sports (Mikko and Van) and Third place overall and General (Brad for both).  Congrats to my team members.
About my games…  I managed to only misfire 3 of the projected 5 misfires – with one of the units actually managing to survive the game.  My engineer was only hunted down and slaughtered during my first game and was nearly ignored in every other one, Cary did give it some effort.  Sadly, there were no miscasts or misfires in the attempt to kill my engineer.
I was looking around the field this weekend, and while there were not any skull cannons, there were tons of ironblasters and daemon princes.  I think the meta is really starting to see a shift between those three power models and I’m glad I decided not to play twin towers in 2013.  While I think that list would still be strong, the game is starting to see an increase in strong counters.  I’m sure there is a design of counter meta in the skaven book, more gutter runners for instance, or a strong reliance on Ruin magic, that could help to alleviate these detriments.  For now I am going back to my dark elves for the rest of the year, perhaps breaking for that stupid Vampires list I posted a long time ago (at a non-December CoC only) or even a high elf army.  Maybe a better plan would be Dark Elves this year and High Elves 2014 (with Skaven of course).
Dark Elves – 20w/7l/0d
Ogres – 2w/3l/0d
Skaven – 2w/2l/1d
Singles – 18w/9l/1d
Doubles – 8w/3l/0d
Overall – 24w/12l/1d

No comments:

Post a Comment