Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hobby Day

This was supposed to be a full day hobby day but I got distracted spending time with my wife, dang her. Todays plan is to work on the Man of Intrigue some more and along side that start to get some troops done. 

Bam?
 

And now the things I do while it dries. 

Eventually, I will be playing chaos dwarves for the second half of the year, i hope. For that I need troops. Right now I have a unit of 21 and a second of 20 to make core for a 3000 point force, which is the highest point value we ever see in my area. I plan to include unit filler and make units balanced like:

M=musician, B=banner, C=champion, D=dude, and FILL=fillers (like the man of intrigue.

The unit is designed to include full command, though I dont expect to actually buy a champion. Its also designed to allow for the units to go long, and to be reduced in size (at 2500 i use 20 and 15 sized units).

The manz:

Thats 19 stormvermin off of sprue and ready to be cleaned and married for full torso.


To equip them, as they are to be chaos dwarf infernal guard with fireglaives, they will need shields and some sort of rifle/halbred. A friend of mine gave me one of his very old attempts to make jezzails, in which he had used the old style clan rats with kroot rifles. He gave me the models because I still use the old style clan rats, but i think its great because the kroot rifles are perfect. For shields I will will just mainly use the stormvermin shields; they are really nice. I have some other shields I will probably sprinkle in. 


His conversion, pre-surgery. 


Some clean rifles. 



Harvested from the clanrats. Now, I just need to remove the kroot armys and put on skaven arms. Short 2, I figure the musicians dont need them. 

I would expect that the kroot models are about the same size as a stormvermin. Their weapons have almost the same hand spacing.


Dry fit of parts after cutting.  Im thinking I should pin them even though they are plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment