Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Infernal Zoo – Wrap-Up


Even with a 2-3 showing, I still came in 9th of 23 people, so not all that bad.  I think the event needed a few extra things – not silly magma dragon rulings being one of them.  Also, lots of the tables had a corner bunkered up behind a river, which made a campy/shooty list have a nice spot to bunker behind and deny ranks and steadfast.

The event seemed to run on time, and I only heard of a few issues involving bad actors.  All my games but the first one came to either the end of round 6 or the concession of my opponent (I never concede, even when I knew I’ve lost), so I think the round lengths were fine.  Food was a little far away, and on day 1 when my game went to time I felt a little rushed, only really having time to pick up food and then start rolling dice.

The group dinner afterwards was awesome, though I did walk away with the beginnings of a migraine thanks to two partially loud members of our own group.  There were also some racial jokes going around that were starting to offend some people.

A solid event and I look forward to both next year and the next Davis event.  I hope that next year we can get the additional people that Alex wanted, as there was space for probably 18 tables.

Dark Elves (OLD) – 27w/10l/1d
Ogres – 2w/3l/0d
Skaven – 6w/7l/1d

Singles – 27w/17l/2d
Doubles – 8w/3l/0d

Overall – 35w/20l/2d


I was also not impressed with quality of the warplightening cannon (though I never am), so to summarize, here is what it did each game:

Round 1: Died Turn 1 to Abom – 0 points earned, but not really its fault.
Round 2: T1/Misfire; T2/Misfire; T3/Misfire; T4/Kill 1 Harpy & Dies.
Round 3: T1/S2 Nada; T2/S8 5 stalker wounds, Fail to wound elemental on last wound & dies.
Round 4: T1/Misfire; T2/Misfire; T3/Knock off Charmed Shield; T4/Misfire; T5/Misfire; T6/Fails to wound
Round 5: T1/Misfire; T2/4 wounds to ironblaster & Dies.


So what did my warplightening cannon do in 30 turns?

Dead: 16 turns
Alive: 14 Turns

Misfire: 8 Turns
Failed to Wound: 2 Turns
Charmed Shield: 1 Turn
Cause Wound: 3 Turns (total of 10 wounds)

So more than half the time dead, and even when it was alive it only did something 28 percent of that time and that’s even counting the charmed shield (that’s only 13 percent of the entire time).  SO BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment