Monday, November 11, 2013

Hobby Update - Skryre Air Fleet

First, thank you to all of our veterans for serving.

Given that its verterans day and I am currently a state worker, I find myself with the day off. The wife does not. That means I get nearly a full day to hobby (i slept in some and the wife came home for lunch). 

With my dragon painted last week and using what free time I had this week to write up my north star battle reports (coming in december once infernal zoo posts are done) i thought it was best to get back to my air fleet.

With the ships basically done, in terms of actual assembly, it was really just time to mess them up. I think the only assembly thing left is the wires on the upper propeller stand. Its too bad skaven dont build clean, as ive found I really like the clean lines of the raider kit. But to make it look more "skaven" i feel that i really should mess it up a little. So i will be adding scrap plastic card, some skaven and other bits and lots and lots of rivets. 

I dont have a clear idea of how i want it to look yet, so there will be some playing around. 

After I finish the airships I only have one other thing needed for waaaghpacca and thats my man of mystery. I was originally thinking of just using one of my dark pegs (last year I think I used my wizard hat warlitter) but I think I can do better.

My current plan is to use 2014 as a chance to get as much hobby done as possible, and I work best under a deadline. Waaaghpaca will be High Elves 2000, Adepticon will be High Elves 2400 (plus High elves 1000, Dark Elves 1000 and Dark Elves 1200 probably) and SAWS will be Chaos Dwarves 2500. 

To accomplish this the 400 point addition to my High Elves will be models that can also be used as Chaos Dwarves. Specifically, one of the unit fillers into the core troops. I have a clear idea of what I want it to look like and think I can squeeze it in for double use as man o mystery. 

Ok, well enough text; here are some of the progress pictures (with a little text):

Before Lunch break

First one


Second one 


General's ride

Still need to mess up propellers and tail fins.  Tried to be minimalistic about it. 

After Lunch;

Propellers (still in need of rivets):




Rivets:

Ugh. Now my back hurts and i fear it still wont be enough. 

Rivets:


First one


Second


The bosses ride

Left over rivets 

This leaves just the rudder, and really I have no clue what to do. i welcome suggestions. 


2 comments:

  1. You could try to replace the rudder by the stylized horned rat head? But in a "filled" version of course, wouldn't be of much use otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd drop the DE rudder completely (or nearly so, just keeping enough for attachments) and plasticard up a new one. Lots of Skaven runes are fairly triangular and should make good rudders.
    I'm really liking whatever this is. I'm really torn now between these and the doomwheel derived turbines I was thinking of for my own flyers.

    ReplyDelete