Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hobby Update - Skryre Air Fleet


With the iron daemon ready to paint, I decided it was time to start working on an force. Im starting with the body of the dark eldar raider, but I have some ideas of where to diverge. 

Its a nice kit, smooth thin pieces that so far have slotted together nicely. Im going to have to mess it up a bunch, as all the clean lines is not very skaven. 

Lets see how it works out. 


Mmm, those L5R tins finally coming in handy. This model was not meant to be built on the table. 

Going to the next step, preparing to add the bottom, I see lots of engine stuff. 


My vision for this project does not include   engine stuff, so its going to have to go. Im thinking clip it and at a minimum replace it with some plastic card. But first I have to prep the bottom, which will hold the flying stands. 


I decided to double stand it to give the large model a stronger hold. The back part of the tail tip is just under 6" in height. As I plan to mess with the tail fin that may not be the case, could go either way. 


The power drill is my best friend. 

Bye bye engines. 


While waiting for the bottom pieces to dry before shaping the cover (and being short on time for this evening) I moved on to another part. Ill keep the secret of how it will fit in for another post. 


As you can see the bottoms are all ridgy, as they are supposed to be put on the plague claw catapult. I want to put them on this half dome of plastic so I smoothed it out some before glueing it on. 

The clear plastic is hard to work with. 


Overflowing filth anyone? Thats all for the night, hopefully more tomorrow and friday as Ill be too busy to hobby much over the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment