Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hobby Update - Skryre Air Fleet

Once again, back to my daily hobby time. First I installed the shaft onto the chasie and while that was drying I put up the pin work for the propeller. The hole it came with only needed a little widening. I leveled the inner plastic rod and drilled in a space for the pin. 

Birthday candles? Hehe

Once again forced to move on while glue dries (so annoying), I moved back to the steam system. Added the valve and wires. 


Next… installation. 

After drying… again… I will wrap the wires up to the plastic and then will add wires from plastic on the top part up to the propeller.  In the mean time, here are a few picks of everything put together. 




With everthing dry I get to move on. I start back up by wrapping and glueing the first set of cables.


Next I want to set up the fighting platform for my warlord… i mean high elf anointed. Going through my stuff and i find this platform from an unused bell kit. 


I like the runes the platform, but it doesnt fit well so i go to the dremel and hope I dont mess up this hard to replace bit. 


When I skaven it up I will go back and cover that ugly set of gaps. 

Still slowely circling through the things that need to be done and spent some time rummaging through my bits box to see if I can make a lord. 

I found:
An army from an isle of blood lord, which will make a nice halbred. Its missing the shoulder so i also grabbed an arm from a stormvermin to harvest. 

A stormvermin for the body. Wanted to use something a little more action, but I was missing some critical parts, like a body. 

Arm of a night runner and an ogre gut plate for a shield. i think i can get a good pose out if it… but not tonight. 


And here is a pic of the general's mount with everything so far set in place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment