Friday, October 11, 2013

Hobby Update - Warpfire Sun Dragon

So i decided that my warpfire dragon needed a rider while I was hanging out at the shop, so stealing a corner of my friend's board i set to work. 


I won this model at a previous event and while i assembled him i never really decided what to do.

Its a lovely model, a merge of what i believe is black dragon and forge world resin. It was missing a piece, so its got a little rat ogre spike in the rear. 


For the rider i thought that a stormvermin on the back sounded good. I snipped off some of the cloth to make him fit a little better. 


I decided to go with some skyre tech. Warpfire dragons dont actually have a breath weapon, but skaven make one use warpfire throwers (boneripper and ikkit claw) so i would give the rider the breath weapon. 

I started out with the pistol from the Isle of Blood engineer i had harvested when i gave him equipment actually used.


To make it fit i would have to preform a little cutting to get the upper arm back.


For the fire I used one of the arms from the chaos possessed box, it had angood feel and is plastic. This is good because the pistol really doesnt have the space to pin metal flame. Will need to do a little work on the transition point.  


Still need to decide what is going on his back. Im out of engineer backpacks, maybe the barrel from the ogre kit if there is room. 


For the other army i also went with the isle of blood. 


Joint wasnt great and i forgot to bring green stuff so i will have to fill it in later. 


Keeping with the tech, im giving him a head from the doom wheel kit. Its not teally a tech head. 


I thought that the rider needed some reins. This is my first time working with real chain. 


I figure before i paint it i will stiffen it up with some watered white glue.

And attached. 


With the rider just resting on his back. 


Next time the backpack and last arm. After i get the arm angled i will add the head pointing in the direction he is firing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment