Saturday, October 26, 2013

October Fantasy Contest of Champions – Preparation


For October I threw my list together last minute.  I used a template from a local player’s list that I’ve talked about before, and then I lowered the power level down a bunch to make it full composition.  The template list uses magic and a whole bunch more magic items, including all the leadership control Skaven has.  I don’t like Ruin magic so that was an easy drop (missing scroll does hurt though), and both the points in magic items and the leadership control hurts the comp.

So I went hard core points denial with everything going into one big unit and lots of chaff.  Also gutter runners to clear out warmachines and assassins which can either go in for points denial or go solo for hunting.  Odds are the little ones will stick in the unit with maybe the buffed one going on his own – as that worked out fairly well at Infernal Zoo.

Warlord, General, Bonebreaker, Charmed Shield, Relic Blade, Luckstone
Warlord, Bonebreaker, shield, sword of might, warpstone armor, dawnstone, other trickster’s shard
Warlord, Bonebreaker, blade of corruption, enchanted shield

Assassin, Weeping Blade, Potion of Strength
Assassin
Assassin
Warlock Engineer, Crown of Command
Chieftain, BSB, great weapon, Obsidian Loadstone, Ironcurse Icon

45 Stormvermin, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame, Doom Flayer
45 Slaves, Musician, shields
20 Slaves
20 Slaves
20 Slaves
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
5 Giant Rats, Packmaster

10 Gutter Runners, Slings, Poison
10 Gutter Runners, Slings, Poison
10 Gutter Runners, Slings, Poison


The CoCs doesn’t usually have any missions dealing with banners so I’m not worried about only have 4 fortitude.  My general gets the charmed shield to help diminish the risk of him getting cannon sniped should I not go first (and that’s unlikely given my large number of drops).  Fully character bunkered, the stormvermin would be hosting 1552 points, plus 225 in banners and general.  Basically means if I lose this unit I am getting a 0 unless it’s done a massive amount of damage before it dies.  Good thing the rest of my unit is chaff, including being able to dart out the assassins and engineers as last minute chaff should I need to.  Heck, I could explode all the characters out if things are looking really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment