Friday, October 25, 2013

What If Bretonnia – 2500 points


So I don’t always just play around with the best books or the newest books (often the same).  I had been playing with this one for a while.  I’m not fixed on the character magic items, but I do like the spread and speed of the army.

Bretonnian Lord, general, virtue of heroism, sword of striking, charmed shield, dawnstone, the other trickster’s shard, royal Pegasus
Prophetess of the Lady, warhorse, barding, level 4, lore of beasts, silver mirror, talisman of preservation

Paladin, BSB, dragonhelm, luckstone, wyrmlance
Paladin, heartwood lance, enchanted shield, dragonbane gem, royal Pegasus
Paladin, lance, shield
Damsel of the lady, lore of beasts, dispel scroll, barding

9 knights of the Realm, full command, banner of swiftness
8 knights of the Realm, full command, standard of discipline
6 Knights Errant, full command, errantry banner

5 mounted yeoman, musician, banner
5 mounted yeoman, musician, banner
5 mounted yeoman, musician, banner
4 Pegasus Knights, full command
4 Pegasus Knights, full command

While I really like Pegasus knights, they are freaking expensive.  Each of those units is just shy of 250 points.  This really shows how the books are dated.  I think the list probably needs some tweaking, but as I don’t actually plan to play it I’m not too worried.  I’ve seen people play similar lists in the past, though not recently.  I really like the banners on the yeoman, but I do play in events that reward mobile fortitude/command.

3 comments:

  1. Pegasus knights are 0-1. So that's 250 points saved ;)
    Rubbish, but that's the fact that it's a 20 year old book I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my understanding with a Peg lord they were no longer 0-1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a very excellent point. I'm clearly not as familiar with the Bret book as I thought I was.

    ReplyDelete