Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hobby Update - Warpfire Sun Dragon

I decided to take a break from the assmbly (I am not getting distracted) and work on a little paint work. Its on the dragon, so still in he realm of thid high elves project. 

Origionally it as just going to be last friday and then back to the airships. I started off trying to paint the dragon green. Not warpstone green but as an actual green dragon. I was dumb about it and painted a large portion of the model before actually testing what the rest of the colors would look like. I didnt like it. So now Ive spent my little weekend time and tonight redeming myself. 

Im sorry for no pictures, but it was bad. I snapped these two as I was finishribg up for to ight and only jos that the green experiment has been fully oblitrated. 



This new scheme will have the flesh be dark, black to grey. The mouth will be red and the scales warpstone. The wing membrane will be a pale purple flesh. The rider and stone will be the boring tiebin to match the rest of my army. 

Im not sure I will stick with it until the mosel is completed, but probably only the week until I go back to the airships. I need to finish at least the core assemble so I can measure for a custom battle foam brick. Im hoping to fit all three airships and the dragon onto one sheet. That dragon needs like a 6.5" block, which is already custom size I will still need to fit the other 1000 points from my 2500 point prospective HE list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment